The associate financial advisor will assist our senior advisor in working with clients to achieve their financial goals. This role will initially start with client relationship support for our existing client base with the opportunity for growth as a financial advisor and building your own client base. The senior advisor will lead you as you hone your skills and learn how to conduct client meetings and guide clients in achieving their goals.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Effectively and efficiently function in a Financial Advisor role:
- Work jointly with senior advisor to manage full scope of client relationships by evaluating clients’ financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings, and available investment capital.
- Contact existing clients to conduct review meetings where you will discuss existing accounts and learn to provide options and guidance.
- Contact clients to check in and provide service on an ongoing basis. See if they have any questions or needs and learn to identify opportunities.
- Determine client needs, investment objectives, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
- Work jointly with senior advisor to learn about, and become skilled in recommending investment products, solutions, and services that are suitable for prospects and clients.
- Assist senior advisor in preparation for client appointments. Gather information necessary to review the client’s financial plan, investments, insurances, and overall financial picture. Highlight items for discussion, research potential opportunities, strategize ways to help the client better reach their goals, and monitor account activity for any action needed during the advisor-client meeting.
- Provide exceptional timely client service.
- Produce required paperwork, submit required applications, manage the flow of financial resources, and maintain documentation that complies with licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Assist clients with account servicing requests such as transactions, money movement, required minimum distributions, beneficiary updates, etc. Guide and follow up with clients tracking everything to completion.
- Answer incoming client requests and questions. Research solutions using available resources, interact with senior advisor to answer questions regarding their accounts, and solve any account issues.
- Develop a book of business consistent with firm goals for assets under management and required production.
- Complete required training.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Finance, economic, and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify the needs of clients through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles and maintain optimism in the face of rejection.
- Accept feedback and criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
- Effectively communicate portfolio losses while preserving client loyalty.
- Provide a high level of client service with a strong focus on what’s best for clients’ personal wealth management.
- Develop client pipeline by prospecting, networking, centers of influence and developing niches.
- Travel to local office in Dyer, IN to engage in one-on-one training with senior advisor.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience, ideally including sales (preferably intangible), or business experience demonstrating achievement.
- Series 6, 63 & 65 or 7 & 66 required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Pursue Certified Financial Planner designation within 5 years
Interested applicants can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.